[ClusterLabs] Cluster is not promoting DRBD resource to master

Octavian Ciobanu coctavian1979 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:36:53 EDT 2017

Hello all.
I've encountered another strange behavior after updating to CentOS 7.4. The
DRBD resource is no longer promote one node to Master, instead both nodes
are stuck in Slave.

The configuration is based on 2 nodes running drbd as cluster resource. The
resource is configured as Master/Slave.

The resource is configured with the following commands

pcs resource create Storage-DRBD_Resource ocf:linbit:drbd
drbd_resource="ClusterDisk" op start interval="0" timeout="240" op
stop interval="0" timeout="120" op monitor role="Master" interval="10"
timeout="20" op monitor role="Slave" interval="20" timeout="20"
pcs resource master Storage-DRBD Storage-DRBD_Resource master-max="1"
master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true"

If I issue the drbd-admin status I get that both resources are UpToDate. If
I stop the cluster and start resource manually it starts with no error and
if I promote one node to Primary it is promoted without any fuss. So the
issue, from what I see, is not with DRBD.

Any hints on how to make it work are welcome.

Best regards
Octavian Ciobanu