[ClusterLabs] questions about startup fencing

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Nov 29 15:30:48 EST 2017

On 11/29/2017 09:09 PM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Adam Spiers <aspiers at suse.com> writes:
>
>> OK, so reading between the lines, if we don't want our cluster's
>> latest config changes accidentally discarded during a complete cluster
>> reboot, we should ensure that the last man standing is also the first
>> one booted up - right?
> That would make sense to me, but I don't know if it's the only
> solution. If you separately ensure that they all have the same
> configuration first, you could start them in any order I guess.

I guess it is not that bad as after the last man standing has left
the stage it would take a quorate number (actually depending on
how many you allow to survive) of nodes till anything
happens again (equivalent to wait-for-all in 2-node clusters).
And one of these should have a reasonably current cib.