[ClusterLabs] questions about startup fencing

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Wed Nov 29 15:09:09 EST 2017

Adam Spiers <aspiers at suse.com> writes:

> OK, so reading between the lines, if we don't want our cluster's
> latest config changes accidentally discarded during a complete cluster
> reboot, we should ensure that the last man standing is also the first
> one booted up - right?

That would make sense to me, but I don't know if it's the only
solution. If you separately ensure that they all have the same
configuration first, you could start them in any order I guess.

> If so, I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask for, but
> maybe it should be documented explicitly somewhere?  Apologies if it
> is already and I missed it.

Yeah, maybe a section discussing both starting and stopping a whole
cluster would be helpful, but I don't know if I feel like I've thought
about it enough myself. Regarding the HP Service Guard commands that
Ulrich Windl mentioned, the very idea of such commands offends me on
some level but I don't know if I can clearly articulate why. :D

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund at suse.com