[ClusterLabs] Fwd: Unable to start cluster (Pacemaker/Corosync)

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue May 9 10:51:29 EDT 2017

On 05/09/2017 02:44 AM, Handra Cs wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am currently trying to configure Pacemaker/Corosync. I managed to
> install the required packages for the cluster configuration, however I
> could not start the cluster service. Based on the log file, there was an
> issue with the directory /var/lib/pacemaker/.
>
> I have tried some suggestions from checking the GID of the root user and
> ensuring the permission of the folder to be owned by hacluster:haclient,
> unfortunately there was no luck.
>
> I am currently using RedHat 6.8. Thank you in advance for the help.

That's odd. The 6.8 packages normally work right out of the box.
Double-check that /var and /var/lib both exist, are owned by root, and
have permissions drwxr-xr-x. Maybe try removing the packages, removing
/var/lib/pacemaker, then reinstalling. If that doesn't help, open a
support ticket with Red Hat.