[ClusterLabs] "Connecting" Pacemaker with another cluster manager

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue May 23 07:44:51 UTC 2017

Timo <timo at kroenchenstadt.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a proprietary cluster manager running on a bunch (four) of nodes.
> It decides to run the daemon for which HA is required on its own set of
> (undisclosed) requirements and decisions. This is, unfortunately,
> unavoidable due to business requirements.
>
> However, I have to put also Pacemaker onto the nodes in order to provide
> an additional daemon running in HA mode. (I cannot do this using the
> existing cluster manager, as this is a closed system.)
>
> I have to make sure that the additional daemon (which I plan to
> coordinate using Pacemaker) only runs on the machine where the daemon
> (controlled by the existing, closed cluster manager) runs. I could check
> for local VIPs, for example, to check whether it runs on a node or not.
>
> Is there any way to make Pacemaker "check" for existence of a local
> (V)IP so that I could "connect" both cluster managers?
>
> In short: I need Pacemaker to put the single instance of a daemon
> exactly onto the node the other cluster manager decided to run the
> (primary) daemon.

Hi,

I'm not sure I completely understand the problem description, but if I
parsed it correctly:

What you can do is run an external script which sets a node attribute on
the node that has the external cluster manager daemon, and have a
constraint which locates the additional daemon based on that node
attribute.

Cheers,
Kristoffer