[ClusterLabs] Clusterlabs Summit 2017 (Nuremberg, 6-7 September) - Hotels and Topics

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue May 2 06:47:25 EDT 2017

Hi everyone!

Here's a quick update on the summit happening at the SUSE office in
Nuremberg on September 6-7.

I am still collecting hotel reservations from attendees. In order to
notify the hotel about how many rooms we actually need, I'll need a
complete list of people who want to attend before 15 June, at the
latest. So if you plan to attend and need a hotel room, let me know as
soon as possible by emailing me! There are 40 hotel rooms reserved,
and about half of those are claimed at this point.

We are starting to have a preliminary list of topics ready. The event
area has a projector and A/V equipment available, so we should be able
to show slides for those wanting to present a particular topic.

This is the current list of topics:

Topic Requester/Presenter     Topic

Andrew Beekhof or Ken Gaillot New container "bundle" feature in Pacemaker
Ken Gaillot                   What would Pacemaker 1.2 or 2.0 look like?
Ken Gaillot                   Ideas for the OCF resource agent standard
Klaus Wenninger               Recent work and future plans for SBD
Chrissie Caulfield            knet and corosync 3
Chris Feist (requestor)       kubernetes
Chris Feist (requestor)       Multisite (QDevice/Booth)
Madison Kelly                 ScanCore and "Intelligent Availability"
Kristoffer Gronlund,          Hawk, Cluster API	and future plans
    Ayoub Belarbi

We also have Kai Wagner from the openATTIC team attending, and he has
agreed to present openATTIC. For those who aren't familiar with it,
openATTIC is a storage management tool with some support for managing
things like LVM, DRBD and Ceph.

I am also happy to say that Adam Spiers from the SUSE Cloud team will be
attending the summit, and hopefully I can convince him to present their
work on using Pacemaker with Openstack, the current state of Openstack
HA and perhaps some of his future plans and wishes around HA.

Keep adding topics to the list! We'll work out a rough schedule for
the two days as the event draws nearer, but I'd hope to leave enough
room for deeper discussions around the topics as we work through
them.

As a reminder, the plans for the summit are being collected at the
Alteeve! planning wiki, here:

http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page

Cheers,
Kristoffer