[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: question about ocf metadata actions

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 31 11:17:11 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 09:46:18AM +0200, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:
>
> > I thought the hierarchy is like this:
> > 1) default timeout
> > 2) RA's default timeout
> > 3) user-specified timeout
> >
> > So crm would go from 1) to 3) taking the last value it finds. Isn't it like
> > that?
>
> No, step 2) is not taken by crm.

There's a command in crmsh to insert default timeouts in the
resource. There was some initiative to do that at the resource
creation time, i.e. that crmsh automatically propagates all
defaults from the RA metadata, but that would've made the
configuration very large.

> > I mean if there's no timeout in the resource cnfiguration, doesn't the RM use
> > the default timeout?
>
> Yes, it then uses the timeout defined in op_defaults:
>
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-operation-defaults

At any rate, the RA metadata is only for informational purpose.

Thanks,

Dejan