[ClusterLabs] Running two independent clusters

Nikhil Utane nikhil.subscribed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 02:48:40 EDT 2017

Hi All,

First of all, let me thank everyone here for providing excellent support
from the time I started evaluating this tool about a year ago. It has
helped me to make a timely and good quality release of our Redundancy
solution using Pacemaker & Corosync. (Three cheers :))

Now for our next release we have a slightly different ask.
We want to provide Redundancy to two different types of services (we can
call them Service A and Service B) such that all cluster communication for
Service A happens on one network/interface (say VLAN A) and for service B
happens on a different network/interface (say VLAN B). Moreover we do not
want the details of Service A (resource attributes etc) to be seen by
Service B and vice-versa.

So essentially we want to be able to run two independent clusters. From
what I gathered, we cannot run multiple instances of Pacemaker and Corosync
on same node. I was thinking if we can use Containers and run two isolated
instances of Pacemaker + Corosync on same node.
As per https://github.com/davidvossel/pacemaker_docker it looks do-able.
I wanted to get an opinion on this forum before I can commit that it can be
done.

Please share your views if you have already done this and if there are any
known challenges that I should be familiar with.

-Thanks
Nikhil