[ClusterLabs] Never join a list without a problem...

Matthias Ferdinand mf at 14v.de
Fri Mar 3 20:21:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 01:01:41AM +0100, users-request at clusterlabs.org wrote:
> > The oddity is - these are the only two boxes with this issue, and we have a couple dozen at the same OS and level.  Only these two, with this role and this particular package set have the issue.

reminds me of a rootkit infection we had to deal with some time ago,
which did bitcoin mining (or similar). CPU load would go up whenever it
received a workload from a C&C server. The binaries were invisible for
userspace fs acces, and the processes/sockets were invisible to
top/ps/..., but finally powertop would show them.
It autostarted on every boot via /etc/rc.local.

Regards
Matthias