[ClusterLabs] vip is not removed after node lost connection with the other two nodes

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 12:24:28 EDT 2017

On 23/06/17 08:48 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On 06/22/2017 09:44 PM, Hui Xiang wrote:
>>   I have setup 3 nodes(node-1, node-2, node-3) as controller nodes, an
>> vip is selected by pacemaker between them, after manually make the
>> management interface down in node-1 (used by corosync) but still have
>> connectivity to public or non-management network
>
> How did you make the cluster interface down? If you're blocking it via
> firewall, be aware that you have to block *outbound* traffic on the
> corosync port.

People using ifdown or the iproute-based equivalent seem far
too prevalent, even if for long time bystanders the idea looks
continually disproved ad nauseam.

Added some previous posts on that topic to lists-dedicated
scratchpad at ClusterLabs wiki:
http://wiki.clusterlabs.org/w/index.php?title=Lists%27_Digest&diff=1601&oldid=1587#To_Avoid

--
Jan (Poki)