[ClusterLabs] DRBD AND cLVM ???

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Mon Jul 31 12:51:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

i'm currently a bit confused. I have several resources running as VirtualDomains, the vm reside on plain logical volumes without fs, these lv's reside themself on a FC SAN.
In that scenario i need cLVM to distribute the lvm metadata between the nodes.
For playing around a bit and getting used to it i created a DRBD partition. It resides on a logical volume (one on each node), which should be possible following the documentation on linbit.
The lv's reside each on a node on the local storage, not on the SAN (which would be a very strange configuration).
But nevertheless it's a cLVM configuration. I don't think it's possible to have a cLVM and non-cLVM configuration at the same time on the same node.
Is that possible what i try to do ?

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

no backup - no mercy

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671