[ClusterLabs] did anyone manage to combine ClusterMon RA with HP systems insight manager ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue Jul 11 13:25:23 EDT 2017

Hi,

i established a two node cluster and i'd like to start now a test period with some not very important resources.
I'd like to monitor the cluster via SNMP, so i realize if he's e.g. migrating.
I followed http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-notification-snmp .
Configuration of the RA went fine, and the cluster is sending traps. As a central management station we use a HP Systems Insight Manager, because we have a some HP servers and SIM can monitor the hardware quite well.
I tried to integrate the respective mib into the SIM. Compilation and Adding seem to work fine, but SIM does not relate the traps to the mib.
Traps arrive quite fine, i checked it with tcpdump and wireshark. For SIM the traps are "unregistered", that means it does not relate it to any mib.
I also tried the most recent one from https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/master/extra/PCMK-MIB.txt . Same problem. I also tried the one from https://github.com/sys4/pacemaker-snmp (combined with the respective perl-script),
but it also did not work.
I'd like to stay with SIM, because of our HP hardware. And maintaining a second system, e.g. Nagios, just for the cluster, ... is this really necessary ?
I read already a lot about SNMP and mib's, and what i learned until now is that SNMP is maybe "simple", but not trivial. Same with the mib's.

Did anyone combine these two successfully ?

We use SLES 11 SP4 and pacemaker 1.1.12.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

no backup - no mercy

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671