[ClusterLabs] Antw: Fencing one node kill others

Alfonso Ali alfonso.ali at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:06:34 EST 2017

Hi Ulrich,

You're right, it is as if stonithd selected the incorrect device to reboot
the node. I'm using fence_ilo as the stonith agent, and reviewing the
params it take is not clear which one (besides the name which is irrelevant
for stonithd) should be used to fence each node.

In cman+rgmanager you can associate a fence device params to each node, for
example:

<clusternode name="e1b07" nodeid="2">
     <fence>
       <method name="single">
         <device name="fence_ilo" ipaddr="e1b07-ilo"/>
       </method>
     </fence>
  </clusternode>

what's the equivalent of that in corosync+pacemaker (using crm)??

In general, in a cluster of more than 2 nodes and more than 2 stonith
devices, how stonithd find which stonith device should be used to fence a
specific node??

Regards,
  Ali