[ClusterLabs] Antw: how do you do your Samba?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 09:51:04 UTC 2017

On 17/01/17 15:59, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <cc25cb49-af18-103f-1c56-4513ed4f54ea at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> hi everyone
>>
>> asking here as I hope experts here have already done it
>> dozens times.
>> I've gotten a nice answer from samba authors, but explaining
>> the idea in general, here I hope someone could actually
>> explain how this(ha cluster) should be configured, set up.
>> I asked following question:
>>
>> "...to experts, all experienced sambians - when one uses HA
>> cluster one deems CTDB needless, redundant?
>> Or you somehow team those two together?
>> Or maybe ctdb is so superior that it is ruling this domain
>> and if HA exists it leaves Samaba to ctdb?
> With CTDB management is easier IMHO; otherwise you'll have to keep the Samba config (e.g. users and passwords) in sync.

a little bit more?
I'm just starting this adventure with HA, and I read
ocf:heartbeat:CTDB
"..
This agent expects the samba and windbind resources
to be managed outside of CTDB's control as a separate set of
resources controlled
by the cluster manager.  The optional support for enabling
CTDB management of these
daemons will be depreciated.
"
yet, this howto -
http://linux-ha.org/wiki/CTDB_(resource_agent) - says:
"..
# primitive ctdb ocf:heartbeat:CTDB params \
     ctdb_recovery_lock="/shared-fs/samba/ctdb.lock" \
     ctdb_manages_samba="yes" \
     ctdb_manages_winbind="yes" \
     op monitor timeout=20 interval=10
"

and that is vastly confusing to me, and to anybody who just
started researching the subject yesterday, I'd imagine.
I was hoping someone could, if not in great details, at
least outline configuration steps on how to make HA+Samba
smoothly working solution.