[ClusterLabs] Status and help with pgsql RA

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 14:47:34 EST 2017

On 12/28/2016 02:24 PM, Nils Carlson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to set up postgresql in high-availability and have been
> comparing the guide at
> http://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/PgSQL_Replicated_Cluster with the
> contents of the pgsql resource agent on github. It seems that there have
> been substantial improvements in the resource agent regarding the use of
> replication slots.
>
> Could anybody look at updating the guide, or just sending it out in an
> e-mail to help spread knowledge?
>
> The replications slots with pacemaker look really cool, if I've
> understood things right there should be no need for manual work after
> node recovery with the replication slots (though there is a risk of a
> full disk)?
>
> All help, tips and guidance much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Nils

Hmm, that wiki page could definitely use updating. I'm personally not
familiar with pgsql, so hopefully someone else can chime in.

Another user on this list has made an alternative resource agent that
you might want to check out:

http://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/users/2016-December/004740.html