[ClusterLabs] using IPMI for fencing - configuring IPMI with ipmitool - HELP

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Feb 28 16:05:34 EST 2017

On 28/02/17 12:39 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a HP server ML 350 G9 with an ILO4 card. The riloe stonith agent does not work, i read in a book the recommendation to use the ipmi ressource agent instead.
> I'm trying to configure the respective ILO adapter with ipmitool. OMG. Ipmitool drives me crazy.
> It's a SLES 11 SP4 node. I did "/etc/init.d/ipmi start", some modules are loaded:
>
> ha-idg-1:~ # lsmod|grep -i ipmi
> ipmi_devintf           17560  0
> ipmi_si                53422  0
> ipmi_msghandler        49979  2 ipmi_devintf,ipmi_si
>
> I have a device file:
>
> ha-idg-1:~ # ll /dev/ipm*
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 246, 0 Feb 28 13:51 /dev/ipmi0
>
> What i found out/did already:
>
> For channel 2 i have two users configured:
>
> ipmitool> user list 2
> 1   Administrator    true    false      true       ADMINISTRATOR
> 2   root             true    false      true       ADMINISTRATOR
> 3   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 4   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 5   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 6   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 7   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 8   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 9   (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 10  (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 11  (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
> 12  (Empty User)     true    false      false      NO ACCESS
>
> User root has a passsword which i tested via "user test" and it was ok.
>
> Channel 2:
>
> ipmitool> channel info 2
> Channel 0x2 info:
>   Channel Medium Type   : 802.3 LAN
>   Channel Protocol Type : IPMB-1.0
>   Session Support       : multi-session
>   Active Session Count  : 0
>   Protocol Vendor ID    : 7154
>   Volatile(active) Settings
>     Alerting            : enabled
>     Per-message Auth    : disabled
>     User Level Auth     : enabled
>     Access Mode         : always available
>   Non-Volatile Settings
>     Alerting            : enabled
>     Per-message Auth    : disabled
>     User Level Auth     : enabled
>     Access Mode         : always available
>
> ipmitool> lan print 2
> Set in Progress         : Set Complete
> Auth Type Support       :
> Auth Type Enable        : Callback :
>                         : User     :
>                         : Operator :
>                         : Admin    :
>                         : OEM      :
> IP Address Source       : DHCP Address
> IP Address              : 146.107.235.15
> Subnet Mask             : 255.255.255.0
> MAC Address             : 70:10:6f:47:0c:48
> SNMP Community String   :
> BMC ARP Control         : ARP Responses Enabled, Gratuitous ARP Disabled
> Default Gateway IP      : 146.107.235.1
> 802.1q VLAN ID          : Disabled
> [...]

Would this help?

https://www.alteeve.com/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_2#What_is_IPMI

It covers configuring the IPMI BMC using ipmitool and then testing
fence_ipmilan. The part about configuring in rgmanager won't be of use,
but once you have the command line fence_ipmilan call working, you're
95% done.

digimer

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of