[ClusterLabs] PSA: Mellanox Drive/OFED packages remove --purge cluster packages (ubuntu)

Kyle O'Donnell kyleo at 0b10.mx
Tue Feb 28 12:40:08 EST 2017

All,

I was upgrading the driver packages for my 10G mellanox network cards over the weekend found something moronic that the developers over at mellanox have done....

When you run the install script for any version of OFED (last 2 years didn't go back further) OR the nic driver only version 3.4 and beyond (3.3 and before did not do this).  The install script removes with --purge the corosync, pacemaker and a few other packages.

I have had this problem on both ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04.

Hope I saved someone some time.

-Kyle