[ClusterLabs] Oralsnr/Oracle resources agents

Jihed M'selmi jihed.mselmi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:18:03 EST 2017

[DM] I thought that oracle listener is not consuming that many resources.
At any rate, ocf:heartbeat:oralsnr doesn't support single listener for
multiple instances. Do you have an idea how to do that? How to deal with
the tnsping then? Maybe you're better off with the system start script in
this case.

[JM] According to the dba, it could lead some memory issue when the
listener serves many instances at the same time (in my experience, I have
never faced this issue).

Let's take a case when the listener is serving multiple instance, and one
of the instance fails => ocf:heartbeat:oracle will relocate it to another
node, the listener should follow (especially, when we use
collocation constraint between RA oracle and oralsnr) this will have a bad
impact on the rest of instances.

One of the option is to have two listeners (one per node) and configured
outside the cluster to host the all instance. But, I keep looking for a
better solution.

[DM] Hmm, what should then the RA do? Skip the instance and report it started?
I'm not sure I follow.
[JM] The DBA use a flag Y/N to tell if this instance should run or no. It
could be better, for RA to use this flag too: when it's Y start the
instance and when It's N, the RA should not start the instance and suitable
message in log will be usefull to describe the situation. Now, the
challenge is how to monitor this flag.

One of the issue that I faced when the DBA when to shutdown the listener
and the instance (for launch the cold backup) but, the RA keep pushing them
ON. -- Note the dba team usually don't have an access to pcs to disable the
resource during this type of operation.

I wish my reply could make sense...

Thanks,
Jihed MSELMI