[ClusterLabs] Oralsnr/Oracle resources agents

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 25 14:31:05 EST 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:09:28AM +0000, Jihed M'selmi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using one instance per service leads to a memory issues espacially when we
> have many instance per node.

Complain to oracle? ;->

I thought that oracle listener is not consuming that many
resources. At any rate, ocf:heartbeat:oralsnr doesn't support
single listener for multiple instances. Do you have an idea how
to do that? How to deal with the tnsping then? Maybe you're
better off with the system start script in this case.

> Regarding the 2nd point, I think it's better to read the flag on Y/N in the
> oratab.
> I see some issue/missbehavior, when, some db has N in oratab (the instance
> shouldn't run), the cluster try to bring it UP. Any thoughts ?

Hmm, what should then the RA do? Skip the instance and report it
started? I'm not sure I follow.

Thanks,

Dejan