[ClusterLabs] [ClusterLabs Developers] HA/Clusterlabs Summit 2017 Proposal

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Feb 1 02:53:07 UTC 2017

On 31/01/17 03:19 AM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> writes:
>
>> On 30/01/17 09:23 AM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> The last time we had an HA summit was in 2015, and the intention then
>>> was to have SUSE arrange the next meetup in the following year. We did
>>> try to find a date that would be suitable for everyone, but for various
>>> reasons there was never a conclusion and 2016 came and went.
>>>
>>> Well, I'd like to give it another try this year! This time, I've already
>>> got a proposal for a place and date: September 7-8 in Nuremberg, Germany
>>> (SUSE main office). I've got the new event area in the SUSE office
>>> already reserved for these dates.
>>>
>>> My suggestion is to do a two day event similar to the one in Brno, but I
>>> am open to any suggestions as to format and content. The main reason for
>>> having the event would be for everyone to have a chance to meet and get
>>> to know each other, but it's also an opportunity to discuss the future
>>> of Clusterlabs and the direction going forward.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts or feedback are more than welcome! Let me know if you are
>>> interested in coming or unable to make it.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kristoffer
>>
>> Thank you for starting this back up. I was just thinking about this a
>> few days ago.
>>
>> I could make it, and I would be happy to help organize it however I
>> might be able to help.
>
> Hi,
>
> Awesome! I might hold you to that promise :) If nothing else your wiki
> has been useful in the past as a place to host the list of attendees and
> the agenda.
>
> Another option would be to create a repository in the Clusterlabs github
> organization and have people add themselves there via pull requests. I'm
> also open to suggestions on that front.
>
> Cheers,
> Kristoffer

I've taken a do-ocrasy approach and revived the wiki. The previous
information from the 2015 summit has also been restored.

If anyone wants an account, your old one might still work. If not, I'll
happily set one up for you just email me here or catch me on
#clusterlabs. If you want to contribute but don't want to setup an
account (or just don't like wiki format), please also email me and I
will be happy to add/edit as needed.

Chris and Kristoffer, I've taken the liberty of adding you to the
attendee's list. ;)

http://plan.alteeve.ca

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of