[ClusterLabs] [ClusterLabs Developers] HA/Clusterlabs Summit 2017 Proposal

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Jan 31 21:09:24 EST 2017

On 31/01/17 06:38 PM, Chris Feist wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund at suse.com
> <mailto:kgronlund at suse.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone!
>
>     The last time we had an HA summit was in 2015, and the intention then
>     was to have SUSE arrange the next meetup in the following year. We did
>     try to find a date that would be suitable for everyone, but for various
>     reasons there was never a conclusion and 2016 came and went.
>
>     Well, I'd like to give it another try this year! This time, I've already
>     got a proposal for a place and date: September 7-8 in Nuremberg, Germany
>     (SUSE main office). I've got the new event area in the SUSE office
>     already reserved for these dates.
>
>     My suggestion is to do a two day event similar to the one in Brno, but I
>     am open to any suggestions as to format and content. The main reason for
>     having the event would be for everyone to have a chance to meet and get
>     to know each other, but it's also an opportunity to discuss the future
>     of Clusterlabs and the direction going forward.
>
>     Any thoughts or feedback are more than welcome! Let me know if you are
>     interested in coming or unable to make it.
>

> Kristoffer,
>
> Thank you for getting some dates and providing a space for the summit.
> I know myself and several cluster engineers from Red Hat are definitely
> interested in attending.  The only thing that I might recommend is
> moving the conference one day earlier (change to Wed/Thu instead of
> Thu/Fri) to make it easier for people traveling to/from the conference.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris

I'd like to propose an informal sight seeing outing for the following
weekend, whether it be held Wed/Thu or Thu/Fri. The last few times I've
been to Europe, I afforded myself little to no time to see any sights. I
don't plan to rush out this time, and would love to have some friendly
company. :)

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of