[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker in Azure

Leon Steffens leon at steffensonline.com
Thu Aug 24 20:13:08 EDT 2017

Unfortunately I can't post the full resource agent here.

In our search for solutions we did find a resource agent for managing AWS
Elastic IPs:
https://github.com/moomindani/aws-eip-resource-agent/blob/master/eip.  This
was not what we wanted, but it will give you an idea of how it can work.

Our script manages secondary private IPs by using:

aws ec2 assign-private-ip-addresses
aws ec2 unassign-private-ip-addresses
aws ec2 describe-network-interfaces

There are a few things to consider:
* The AWS call to assign IPs to an EC2 instance is asynchronous (or it was
the last time I checked), so you have to wait a bit (or poll AWS/Azure
until the IP is ready).
* The IP change is slower than a normal VIP change on the machine, so
expect a slightly longer outage.

Leon