[ClusterLabs] RHEL 7.4 cluster cannot commit suicide (sbd)

strahil nikolov strahil.nikolov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 15:53:47 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

as this is my first usage (writing) to mailing list , please excuse me.

Here is the reason I'm writing to you. I have 3 VM machines (kvm/qemu),
watchdog of type 'i6300esb' with RHEL 7.4 and iscsi target as a shared
storage.
I have created the 3 node cluster and poison pill (pcs stonith fence
node_name) works, but I can't make the sbd daemon to self-suicide the
node once the network is being cut-off (firewall-cmd --panic-on).

The strange thing is that sbd daemon detects that the storage is off-
line via (I've stripped out the clutter):

sbd[pid]: warning: inquisitor_child: Servant <iSCSI Disk> is outdated
(age: 4)
sbd[pid]: warning: inquisitor_child: Majority of devices lost -
surviving on pacemaker
sbd[pid]: <iSCSI Disk>:    error: header_get: Unable to read header
from device 6

The servant keeps restarted but no self-fencing. I thought that the
issue is in the watchdog , but immediately after killing the sbd main
pid - the node gets reset (as expected).

This is the configuration in "/etc/sysconfig/sbd":

SBD_DELAY_START=no
SBD_DEVICE="/full/path/to/by-id/iscsi"
SBD_OPTS="-n harhel1"
SBD_PACEMAKER=yes
SBD_STARTMODE=always
SBD_WATCHDOG_DEV=/dev/watchdog
SBD_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT=5

I have used the following example for setting up the sbd: https://acces
s.redhat.com/articles/3099231

Thank you for reading this long e-mail. I would be grateful if someone
finds out my mistake.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov