[ClusterLabs] Two nodes cluster issue

Tomer Azran tomer.azran at edp.co.il
Mon Aug 7 05:37:07 EDT 2017

Just updating that I added another level of fencing using watchdog-fencing.
With the quorum device and this combination works in case of power failure of both server and ipmi interface.
An important note is that the stonith-watchdog-timeout must be configured in order to work.
After reading the following great post: http://blog.clusterlabs.org/blog/2015/sbd-fun-and-profit , I choose the softdog watchdog since the I don't think ipmi watchdog will do no good in case the ipmi interface is down (If it is OK it will be used as a fencing method).

Just for documenting the solution (in case someone else needed that), the configuration I added is:
systemctl enable sbd
pcs property set no-quorum-policy=suicide
pcs property set stonith-watchdog-timeout=15
pcs quorum device add model net host=qdevice algorithm=lms

I just can't decide if the qdevice algorithm should be lms or ffsplit. I couldn't determine the difference between them and I'm not sure which one is the best when using two node cluster with qdevice and watchdog fencing.

Can anyone advise on that?