[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: from where does the default value for start/stop op of a resource come ?

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Wed Aug 2 08:05:36 UTC 2017

Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

> What aout this priority for newly added resources:?
> 1) Use the value specified explicitly
> 2) Use the value the RA's metadata specifies
> 3) Use the global default
>
> With "use" I mean "add it to the RA configuration".

Yeah, I've considered it. The main issue I see with making the change to
crmsh now is that it would also be confusing, when configuring a
resource without any operations and getting operations defined
anyway. Also, it would be impossible not to define operations that have
defaults in the metadata.

One idea might be to have a new command which inserts missing operations
and operation timeouts based on the RA metadata.

Cheers,
Kristoffer