[ClusterLabs] from where does the default value for start/stop op of a resource come ?

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Wed Aug 2 07:33:58 UTC 2017

"Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> i'm wondering from where the default values for operations of a resource come from.

[snip]

> Is it hardcoded ? All timeouts i found in my config were explicitly related to a dedicated resource.
> What are the values for the hardcoded defaults ?
>
> Does that also mean that what the description of the RA says as "default" isn't a default, but just a recommendation ?

The default timeout is set by the default-action-timeout property, and
the default value is 20s.

You are correct, the timeout values defined in the resource agent are
not used automatically. They are recommended minimums, and the
thought as I understand it (this predates my involvement in HA) is that
any timeouts need to be reviewed carefully by the administrator.

I agree that it is somewhat surprising.

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--