[ClusterLabs] from where does the default value for start/stop op of a resource come ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 1 12:49:09 EDT 2017

Hi,

i'm wondering from where the default values for operations of a resource come from.
I tried to configure:

crm(live)# configure primitive prim_drbd_idcc_devel ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource=idcc-devel \
   > op monitor interval=60
WARNING: prim_drbd_idcc_devel: default timeout 20s for start is smaller than the advised 240
WARNING: prim_drbd_idcc_devel: default timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the advised 100
WARNING: prim_drbd_idcc_devel: action monitor not advertised in meta-data, it may not be supported by the RA

from where come the default timeout of 20 sec ?
My config does not have it in his op_default section:

   <op_defaults>
      <meta_attributes id="op-options">
        <nvpair name="on-fail" value="restart" id="op-options-on-fail"/>
      </meta_attributes>
    </op_defaults>

Is it hardcoded ? All timeouts i found in my config were explicitly related to a dedicated resource.
What are the values for the hardcoded defaults ?

Does that also mean that what the description of the RA says as "default" isn't a default, but just a recommendation ?

crm(live)# ra info ocf:linbit:drbd

Operations'  defaults (advisory minimum):
             ^^^^^^^^
    start         timeout=240
    promote       timeout=90
    demote        timeout=90
    notify        timeout=90
    stop          timeout=100
    monitor_Slave timeout=20 interval=20
    monitor_Master timeout=20 interval=10

is not implemented by default ?
Is it explicitly necessary to configure start/stop operations and related timeouts ?
What if i don't do that ? I use default values i don't know ?

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

no backup - no mercy

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671