[ClusterLabs] Antw: Coming in Pacemaker 1.1.17: container bundles

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Apr 3 07:12:02 UTC 2017

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 01.04.2017 um 00:43 in Nachricht
<981d420d-73b2-3f24-a67c-e9c66dafb48f at redhat.com>:

[...]
> Pacemaker 1.1.17 introduces a new type of resource: the "bundle". A
> bundle is a single resource specifying the Docker settings, networking
> requirements, and storage requirements for any number of containers
> generated from the same Docker image.

I wonder: Is a "bundle" just a kind of special "group template"? It looks as if I could do it with a group also, but would have to write a bite more to get it configured. Did I miss something?

(With my background of HP-UX ServiceGuard, the "bundles remind me of  ServiceGuard's "packages" (easy to use, but less flexible than primitives/groups)

Regards,
Ulrich