[ClusterLabs] unable to add removed node to cluster

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 03:27:33 EDT 2016

Hi,

Dne 6.9.2016 v 08:12 Omar Jaber napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I create cluster contain three nodes  when I remove one of the node by
> run "pcs cluster destroy"  command

This is the root cause of your problem.  "pcs cluster destroy" only
wipes out cluster configuration from a node but it does not tell the
rest of the cluster that the node got removed.  Use "pcs cluster node
remove" to remove a node from a cluster.

> The node was  stopped from cluster, but when I try to  rejoin the node
> by run  commands
>
> 1-systemctl start pcsd.service
>
> 2-systemctl start pcsd.service
>
> (one removed node)
>
> 3-*pcs cluster auth*<hostname for removed node>
>
> 4-*pcs cluster node add*<hostname for removed node>
>
> (On a node in the existing cluster)
>
> the output from last command  (Error: unable to add hosname1 on
> hostname2- Error connecting to hostname2- (HTTP error: 400
>
> Error: unable to add hostname1 on hostname3 - Error connecting to
> hostname3 - (HTTP error: 400)
>
> Error: unable to add hostname1 on hostname1- Error connecting to
> hostname2 - (HTTP error: 400)
>
> Error: Unable to update any nodes

This fails most probably because the node you want to add is still
present in the cluster configuration on the remaining nodes.  You can
get detailed info by running "pcs cluster node add <hostname> --debug".

Now to fix that run "pcs cluster localnode remove <removed node>" on the
two remaining nodes.  Then you can add the removed node back to the cluster.

Regards,
Tomas