[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker quorum behavior

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 18:30:18 UTC 2016

On 08/09/16 10:20 -0400, Scott Greenlese wrote:
> Correction...
>
> When I stopped pacemaker/corosync on the four (powered on / active)
> cluster node hosts,  I was having an issue with the gentle method of
> stopping the cluster (pcs cluster stop --all),

Can you elaborate on what went wrong with this gentle method, please?

If it seemed to have stuck, you can perhaps run some diagnostics like:

  pstree -p | grep -A5 $(pidof -x pcs)

across the nodes to see if what process(es) pcs waits on, next time.

> so I ended up doing individual (pcs cluster kill <cluster_node>) on
> each of the four cluster nodes.   I then had to stop the virtual
> domains manually via 'virsh destroy <guestname>' on each host.
> Perhaps there was some residual node status affecting my quorum?

Hardly if corosync processes were indeed dead.

--
Jan (Poki)