[ClusterLabs] Can't do anything right; how do I start over?

Jay Scott bigcrater at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:48:24 EDT 2016

I've been trying a lot of things from the introductory manual.
I have updated the instructions (on my hardcopy) to the versions
of corosync etc. that I'm using.  I can't get hardly anything to
work reliably beyond the ClusterIP.

So I start over -- I had been reinstalling the machines but I've
grown tired of that.  So, before I start in on my other tales of woe,
I figured I should find out how to start over "according to Hoyle".

When I "start over" I stop all the services, delete the packages,
empty the configs and logs as best I know how.  But this doesn't
completely clear everything:  the drbd metadata is evidently still
on the partitions I've set aside for it.

Oh, before I forget, in particular:
in corosync.conf:
totem {
    interface {
        # This is normally the *network* address of the
        # interface to bind to. This ensures that you can use
        # identical instances of this configuration file
        # across all your cluster nodes, without having to
        # modify this option.
        bindnetaddr: 10.1.1.22
    [snip]
    }
}
bindnetaddr:  I've tried using an address on ONE of the machines
(everywhere),
and I've tried using an address that's on each participating machine,
thus a diff corosync.conf file for each machine (but otherwise identical).
What's the right thing?  From the comment it seems that there should
be one address used among all machines.  But I kept getting messages
about addresses already in use, so I thought I'd try to "fix" it.

This is my burn script.
Am I missing something?  Doing it wrong?

#!/bin/bash
    pkill -9 -f pacemaker
systemctl stop pacemaker.service
systemctl stop corosync.service