[ClusterLabs] Antw: Pacemaker 1.1.16 - Release Candidate 1

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Nov 4 03:29:46 EDT 2016

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 03.11.2016 um 17:08 in
Nachricht
<8af2ff98-05fd-a2c7-f670-58d0ff68ee55 at redhat.com>:
> ClusterLabs is happy to announce the first release candidate for
> Pacemaker version 1.1.16. Source code is available at:
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-1.1.16-rc1
>
> The most significant enhancements in this release are:
>
> * rsc-pattern may now be used instead of rsc in location constraints, to
> allow a single location constraint to apply to all resources whose names
> match a regular expression. Sed-like %0 - %9 backreferences let
> submatches be used in node attribute names in rules.
>
> * The new ocf:pacemaker:attribute resource agent sets a node attribute
> according to whether the resource is running or stopped. This may be
> useful in combination with attribute-based rules to model dependencies
> that simple constraints can't handle.

I don't quite understand this: Isn't the state of a resource in the CIB status
section anyway? If not, why not add it? So it would be readily available for
anyone (rules, constraints, etc.).

> * Pacemaker's existing "node health" feature allows resources to move
> off nodes that become unhealthy. Now, when using
> node-health-strategy=progressive, a new cluster property
> node-health-base will be used as the initial health score of newly
> joined nodes (defaulting to 0, which is the previous behavior). This
> allows cloned and multistate resource instances to start on a node even
> if it has some "yellow" health attributes.

So the node health is more or less a "node score"? I don't understand the last
sentence. Maybe give an example?

> * Previously, the OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_active_* variables were not
> properly passed to multistate resources with notification enabled. This
> has been fixed. To help resource agents detect when the fix is
> available, the CRM feature set has been incremented. (Whenever the
> feature set changes, mixed-version clusters are supported only during
> rolling upgrades -- nodes with an older version will not be allowed to
> rejoin once they shut down.)

Where can I find a description of current "CRM feature sets"?

Ulrich