[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 1.1.16 - Release Candidate 1

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 15:41:18 EDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 08:18 PM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Klaus Wenninger <kwenning at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> No, nothing specific to Red Hat.
>> sbd consists of a couple of processes talking to each other.
>> One is the 'inquisitor' (opening the watchdog-device and
>> kicking it if everything seems OK) and there are multiple
>> 'watchers' for the respective instances like pacemaker
>> (well the name says it), cluster (either exchanging cpg-messages
>> with corosync or checking for the existence of pacemaker_remoted)
>> and of course the watcher for the block-device (Red Hat
>> specific in that way that it is disabled in the build ;-) ).
>>
> To clarify this part, we (SUSE) haven't yet integrated the fork of SBD
> by Andrew which adds watchdog-only fencing, we're still relying on
> having a storage device.
>
> I'm not yet sure to which extent that means whether this issue affects
> us or not, though.

Haven't really checked in detail what - apart from the obvious -
has changed since https://github.com/ClusterLabs/sbd
was forked from https://github.com/l-mb/sbd but sbd-pacemaker.c
with the cib-connection-code is there as well - whatever that
means ...

But of course if you have a block-device the info gotten via
that channel can of course replace health-info gotten via cib.
Probably a question how you configure it ...