[ClusterLabs] Can Bonding Cause a Broadcast Storm?

Jeremy Voorhis jvoorhis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 00:48:41 UTC 2016

It's been a little while for me, but going by
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt it looks as
if the driver sends one or more gratuitous ARPs out the active interface on
state changes, which could be close to the root of the problem depending on
how the switches are deployed (standalone? stacked?) If you're in a
position to reproduce, you might capture ARP traffic from both interfaces.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 3:49 PM Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com>