[ClusterLabs] Can Bonding Cause a Broadcast Storm?

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Tue Nov 15 23:48:49 UTC 2016

mode 1. No special switch configuration. spanning tree not enabled. I have 100+ Linux servers, all of which use bonding. The network has been stable for 10 years. No changes recently. However, this is the second time that we have seen high latency and traced it down to the behavior of one particular server. I'm wondering if there is something about bonding that could result in a temporary bridge loop.