[ClusterLabs] bug in crm shell (SLES11 SP4)? required parameters not checked

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Tue May 10 08:51:19 EDT 2016

Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I think I found this bug in crm shell (crmsh-2.1.2+git132.gbc9fde0-7.2):
>
> When defining a new primitive, required parameters are not checked (I'm using my own RA, but any RA should do):
>
> --
> crm(live)configure# primitive bad ocf:xola:iotwatch
> crm(live)configure#
> --
>
> But when I edit the primitive the error is detected:
>
> --
> crm(live)configure# edit bad
> WARNING: bad: default timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the advised 90s
> ERROR: bad: required parameter target not defined
> Edit or discard changes (yes to edit, no to discard) (y/n)?
> --

Yes, I have thought about changing this, currently changes are only
checked when calling edit, commit or verify. Maybe it would be better to
check immediately.

As things work now, the primitive is not actually created in pacemaker
until commit which does the verification. So it'll still get checked,
just at a later stage.

Not quite a bug, but maybe not perfect..

> Minor wish: Maybe put the parameter names in some quotes to help human eyes... "target"

Sure! That's a good suggestion.

Thanks,
Kristoffer