[ClusterLabs] newbie questions

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue May 31 21:05:41 UTC 2016

On 31/05/16 04:59 PM, Jay Scott wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Cluster newbie
> Centos 7
> trying to follow the "Clusters from Scratch" intro.
> 2 nodes (yeah, I know, but I'm just learning)

2-Node is perfectly fine, you just need to be aware of a couple things
(like prioritized fencing via 'delay="x"' and setting corosync to
wait_for_all).

> <PRE>
> [root at smoking ~]# pcs status
> Cluster name:
> Last updated: Tue May 31 15:32:18 2016        Last change: Tue May 31
> 15:02:21
>  2016 by root via cibadmin on smoking
> Stack: unknown
> Current DC: NONE
> 2 nodes and 1 resource configured
>
> OFFLINE: [ mars smoking ]

Nothing will work until the nodes are online.

> Full list of resources:
>
>  ClusterIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):    Stopped
>
> PCSD Status:
>   smoking: Online
>   mars: Online
>
> Daemon Status:
>   corosync: active/enabled
>   pacemaker: active/enabled
>   pcsd: active/enabled
> </PRE>
>
> What concerns me at the moment:
> I did
> pcs resource enable ClusterIP
> while simultaneously doing
> tail -f /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
> (the only log in there)

Pacemaker logs is what you want. Once corosync is configured properly
(and let pacemaker start it), you can basically forget that corosync exists.

> and nothing happens in the log, but the ClusterIP
> stays "Stopped".  Should I be able to ping that addr?
> I can't.
> It also says OFFLINE:  and both of my machines are offline,
> though the PCSD says they're online.  Which do I trust?
>
> [root at smoking ~]# pcs property show stonith-enabled
> Cluster Properties:
>  stonith-enabled: false

Enable fencing. It keeps your cluster sane and predictable.

> yet I see entries in the corosync.log referring to stonith.
> I'm guessing that's normal.
>
> My corosync.conf file says the quorum is off.
>
> I also don't know what to include in this for any of you to
> help me debug.

Run 'tail -f -n 0 /var/log/messages' on both nodes and then start
pacemaker on both nodes. Use fpaste to share the log output please.

> Ahh, also, is this considered "long", and if so, where would I post
> to the web?
>
> thx.
>
> j.

Long messages here are fine.