[ClusterLabs] newbie questions

Jay Scott bigcrater at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:59:18 EDT 2016

Greetings,

Cluster newbie
Centos 7
trying to follow the "Clusters from Scratch" intro.
2 nodes (yeah, I know, but I'm just learning)
<PRE>
[root at smoking ~]# pcs status
Cluster name:
Last updated: Tue May 31 15:32:18 2016        Last change: Tue May 31
15:02:21
 2016 by root via cibadmin on smoking
Stack: unknown
Current DC: NONE
2 nodes and 1 resource configured

OFFLINE: [ mars smoking ]

Full list of resources:

 ClusterIP    (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):    Stopped

PCSD Status:
  smoking: Online
  mars: Online

Daemon Status:
  corosync: active/enabled
  pacemaker: active/enabled
  pcsd: active/enabled
</PRE>

What concerns me at the moment:
I did
pcs resource enable ClusterIP
while simultaneously doing
tail -f /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
(the only log in there)
and nothing happens in the log, but the ClusterIP
stays "Stopped".  Should I be able to ping that addr?
I can't.
It also says OFFLINE:  and both of my machines are offline,
though the PCSD says they're online.  Which do I trust?

[root at smoking ~]# pcs property show stonith-enabled
Cluster Properties:
 stonith-enabled: false

yet I see entries in the corosync.log referring to stonith.
I'm guessing that's normal.

My corosync.conf file says the quorum is off.

I also don't know what to include in this for any of you to
help me debug.

Ahh, also, is this considered "long", and if so, where would I post
to the web?

thx.

j.