[ClusterLabs] IPMI working but evacuations don't work‏

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Thu Mar 31 08:05:39 EDT 2016

Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:
> On 31/03/16 02:26 AM, Moiz Arif wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on VM evacuations and i have noticed that when my compute
> > node's network is disconnected there is call from STONITH to fence the
> > node and my node gets rebooted. But the VMs are not evacuated. I have
> > checked the logs and do not see the NovaEvacuate call.

OK, so you're talking about VM resurrections within OpenStack, via
the misnamed[0] "nova evacuate" API.

> > What can be the issue here?
>
> I assume "evacuations" means "recovered on the healthy node"?
>
> Please share more information about your setup (program versions, OS)
> and your configuration. Also, please share the log files from the
> surviving node starting just before you crashed the node until a few
> minutes after.

I agree - much more info required here, including cluster
configuration and the current state of resources (e.g. output of
crm_mon).

I am the upstream maintainer of the openstack-resource-agents project
which includes NovaEvacuate[1], so I will try to help if you can
provide enough information.  Although I suspect you are probably using
a vendor-provided version of NovaEvacuate and related files, is that
right?  If so, you might be better off obtaining support from that
vendor.

[0] http://www.slideshare.net/adamspiers/compute-node-ha-current-upstream-development/12
[1] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-resource-agents/blob/master/ocf/NovaEvacuate