[ClusterLabs] Installed Galera, now HAProxy won't start

Matthew Mucker nevo_n at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:49:42 EDT 2016

To close the loop, this was the root cause of the problem. There are several configuration files that mySQL reads at startup, and later files in the chain overwrite settings from files earlier in the chain. I had to edit two or three config files on each node to get mySQL to stop binding to 0.0.0.0 (netstat -tl is your friend!) but once I did the HAProxy clustered resource came back online.

Hopefully there's enough information in this thread to help those coming across this problem after me.