[ClusterLabs] Antw: Installed Galera, now HAProxy won't start

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Mar 17 03:30:16 EDT 2016

>>> Matthew Mucker <nevo_n at hotmail.com> schrieb am 16.03.2016 um 23:10 in Nachricht
<CY1PR20MB06479F41447D5373FA53394DEC8A0 at CY1PR20MB0647.namprd20.prod.outlook.com>

[...]
> So.... thinking this through logically, it seems to me that the Openstack
> docs were wrong in telling me to configure MariaDB server to bind to all
> available ports

In a cluster environment with virtual IP addresses it's always wrong to bind a service to all IP addresses. To make things worse, user may use the wrong address to connect, and then failover of a virtual IP will hit them.

[...]

Regards,
Ulrich