[ClusterLabs] Security with Corosync

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 03:49:49 EDT 2016

Nikhil Utane napsal(a):
> Follow-up question.
> I noticed that secauth was turned off in my corosync.conf file. I enabled
> it on all 3 nodes and restarted the cluster. Everything was working fine.
> However I just noticed that I had forgotten to copy the authkey to one of
> the node. It is present on 2 nodes but not the third. And I did a failover
> and the third node took over without any issue.
> How is the 3rd node participating in the cluster if it doesn't have the
> authkey?

It's just not possible. If you would enabled secauth correctly and you
didn't have /etc/corosync/authkey, message like "Could not open
/etc/corosync/authkey: No such file or directory" would show up. There
are few exceptions:
- you have changed totem.keyfile with file existing on all nodes
- you are using totem.key then everything works as expected (it has
priority over default authkey file but not over totem.keyfile)
- you are using COROSYNC_TOTEM_AUTHKEY_FILE env with file existing on
all nodes

Regards,
   Honza