[ClusterLabs] Unable to create HAProxy resource: no such resource agent

Matthew Mucker nevo_n at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:25:27 UTC 2016

I found the problem. When I used wget to retrieve the file, I was actually downloading an HTML error page from my proxy server instead of the intended file.

Oops.

________________________________

I've created a Pacemaker cluster and have created a virtual IP address resource that works properly. I am now attempting to add HAProxy as a resource and I'm having problems.

- I installed HAProxy on all nodes of the cluster

- I downloaded http://github.com/russki/cluster-agents/raw/master/haproxy to /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/haproxy on each node

- I ran chmod 755 on /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/haproxy on each node

- I configured HAProxy.cfg on each node

- I edited /etc/default/haproxy to enable haproxy

- I've tested and confirmed that HAProxy will start as a service on the node hosting the virtual IP address

However, when I run the command:

crm configure primitive haproxy ocf:heartbeat:haproxy op monitor interval=15s

I get output:

ERROR: None
ERROR: ocf:heartbeat:haproxy: meta-data contains no resource-agent element
ERROR: None
ERROR: ocf:heartbeat:haproxy: meta-data contains no resource-agent element
ERROR: ocf:heartbeat:haproxy: no such resource agent

I've been unable to find a solution to this problem in the searching I've done online. Does anyone have any idea what the cause and the solution to this problem might be?

Thanks,

-Matthew