[ClusterLabs] Unable to create HAProxy resource: no such resource agent

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 21:10:27 UTC 2016

On 03/11/2016 02:18 PM, Matthew Mucker wrote:
> I've created a Pacemaker cluster and have created a virtual IP address resource that works properly. I am now attempting to add HAProxy as a resource and I'm having problems.
>

> - I installed HAProxy on all nodes of the cluster
>
> - I downloaded http://github.com/russki/cluster-agents/raw/master/haproxy to /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/haproxy on each node
>
> - I ran chmod 755 on /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/haproxy on each node
>
> - I configured HAProxy.cfg on each node
>
> - I edited /etc/default/haproxy to enable haproxy

FYI, this file will be ignored when the service is managed by the
cluster (unless the RA specifically reads it, which I've rarely seen).
That won't cause any problems, but any desired settings should be made
in the resource's cluster configuration rather than here.

> - I've tested and confirmed that HAProxy will start as a service on the node hosting the virtual IP address

So far, so good. Good prep work.

> However, when I run the command:
>

> crm configure primitive haproxy ocf:heartbeat:haproxy op monitor interval=15s
>

> I get output:
>

> ERROR: None
> ERROR: ocf:heartbeat:haproxy: meta-data contains no resource-agent element
> ERROR: None
> ERROR: ocf:heartbeat:haproxy: meta-data contains no resource-agent element
> ERROR: ocf:heartbeat:haproxy: no such resource agent
>

> I've been unable to find a solution to this problem in the searching I've done online. Does anyone have any idea what the cause and the solution to this problem might be?

What does this command return:

	crm_resource --show-metadata ocf:heartbeat:haproxy