[ClusterLabs] Issues with crm_mon or ClusterMon resource agent

Debabrata Pani Debabrata.Pani at mobileum.com
Fri Mar 4 01:18:08 EST 2016

Hi,

I wanted  to configure ClusterMon resource agent so that I can get
information about events in the pacemaker cluster.
*Objective is to generate traps for some specific resource agents and/or
conditions*

My cluster installation details :
pacemakerd --version
Pacemaker 1.1.11
Written by Andrew Beekhof

corosync -v
Corosync Cluster Engine, version '1.4.7'
Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Red Hat, Inc.

crm_mon --version
Pacemaker 1.1.11
Written by Andrew Beekhof

I followed the following documentation
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-crmsh/html/Pacemaker_Explain
ed/ch07.html
http://floriancrouzat.net/2013/01/monitor-a-pacemaker-cluster-with-ocfpacem
akerclustermon-andor-external-agent/

My current cluster status shows:

MonitorClusterChange    (ocf::pacemaker:ClusterMon):    Started stvm4

The resource agent is configure

The crm_mon is indeed running as a daemon on the node stvm4

[root at stvm4 panidata]# ps -ef | grep crm_mon | grep -v grep
root      2908     1  0 10:59 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/crm_mon -p
/tmp/ClusterMon_MonitorClusterChange.pid -d -i 0 -E
/root/panidata/testscript.sh -e anonymous -h
/tmp/ClusterMon_MonitorClusterChange.html

My test script is the following
#!/bin/bash
echo "running" >> /root/running.log
echo "CRM_notify_recipient=$CRM_notify_recipient"
..

As I trigger events by shutting down one or the other service, I see the
html file "/tmp/ClusterMon_MonitorClusterChange.html² getting updated each
time an event is triggered.
So the timestamp of the file keeps on changing.

But I am not sure if the script is getting executed. Because I don¹t see
any ³/root/running.log² file.

Things I have tried:
* Using ³logger² command instead of echo.
* Running the crm_mon command with -d and other parameters manually to
check , if it is the problem with resource agent etc.

Queries:
* Is this a know issue ?
* Am I doing something incorrect ?

Regards,