[ClusterLabs] Antw: Alert notes

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 08:43:17 UTC 2016

On 06/24/2016 09:16 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <87vb1a5t4k.fsf at lant.ki.iif.hu>:
>> Hi,
>>
> [...]
>> The SNMP agent seems to have a problem with hrSystemDate, which should
>> be an OCTETSTR with strict format, not some plain textual timestamp.
> ???
> snmptranslate -M+. -m+NET-SNMP-MIB -m+HOST-RESOURCES-MIB -Tp -Ib hrSystemDate
> +-- -RW- String    hrSystemDate(2)
>          Textual Convention: DateAndTime
>          Size: 8 | 11
>
> [...]
> DateAndTime ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
>     DISPLAY-HINT "2d-1d-1d,1d:1d:1d.1d,1a1d:1d"
>     STATUS       current
>     DESCRIPTION
>             "A date-time specification.
>
>             field  octets  contents                  range
>             -----  ------  --------                  -----
>               1      1-2   year*                     0..65536
>               2       3    month                     1..12
>               3       4    day                       1..31
>               4       5    hour                      0..23
>               5       6    minutes                   0..59
>               6       7    seconds                   0..60
>                            (use 60 for leap-second)
>               7       8    deci-seconds              0..9
>               8       9    direction from UTC        '+' / '-'
>               9      10    hours from UTC*           0..13
>              10      11    minutes from UTC          0..59
>
>             * Notes:
>             - the value of year is in network-byte order
>             - daylight saving time in New Zealand is +13
>
>             For example, Tuesday May 26, 1992 at 1:30:15 PM EDT would be
>             displayed as:
>
>                              1992-5-26,13:30:15.0,-4:0
>
>             Note that if only local time is known, then timezone
>             information (fields 8-10) is not present."
>     SYNTAX       OCTET STRING (SIZE (8 | 11))

But as already discussed fortunately one doesn't have to deal with the
binary representation when using the snmptrap-tool (as the example-script
is doing) because the tool is doing the conversion for us.
And it doesn't seem to be picky on zero-padding
so that the format string given in the header of the snmp-example-script
should do the job ("%Y-%m-%d,%H:%M:%S.%01N").