[ClusterLabs] Recovering after split-brain

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 21 17:27:04 UTC 2016

On 06/21/2016 12:13 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> You should not run pacemaker without some sort of fencing. This need not
> be network-controlled power socket (and tiebreaker is not directly
> related to fencing).

Yes it can be sysadmin-controlled power socket. It has to be a power
socket, if you don't trust me, read Dejan's list of fencing devices.

Tiebreaking is directly related to figuring out which of the two nodes
is to be fenced. because neither of them can tell on its own.

> I fail to see how heartbeat makes any difference here, sorry.

Third node and remote-controlled PDU were not a requirement for
haresources mode. If I wanted to run it so that when it breaks I get to
keep the pieces, I could.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin