[ClusterLabs] Recovering after split-brain

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:13:45 UTC 2016

21.06.2016 20:05, Dimitri Maziuk пишет:
> On 06/21/2016 11:47 AM, Digimer wrote:
>
>> If you don't need to coordinate services/access, you don't need HA.
>>
>> If you do need to coordinate services/access, you need fencing.
>
> So what you're saying is we *cannot* run a pacemaker cluster without a
> tiebreaker node *and* a network-controlled power socket.

You should not run pacemaker without some sort of fencing. This need not
be network-controlled power socket (and tiebreaker is not directly
related to fencing).

If you do not care about fencing, why not simply start services on both
nodes at boot time and be done with it?

> I knew that, actually, that's why I hung on to heartbeat for as long as

I fail to see how heartbeat makes any difference here, sorry.