[ClusterLabs] agent ocf:pacemaker:controld

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Fri Jul 22 10:12:42 EDT 2016

Hello,

On 07/21/2016 09:31 PM, Da Shi Cao wrote:
> I've built the dlm_tool suite using the source from https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/dlm.git/log/.  The resource uisng ocf:pacemaker:controld will always fail to start because of timeout, even if start timeout is set to 120s! But if dlm_controld is first started outside the cluster management,  then the resource will show up and stay well!
1. Why do you suppose it's because of timeout? Any logs when DLM RA
failed to start?
"ocf:pacemaker:controld" is bash script
(/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/pacemaker/controld).
If taking a look at this script, you'll find it suppose that
dlm_controld is installed in a certain place (/usr/sbin/dlm_controld for
openSUSE). So, how would dlm RA find your dlm deamon?
> Another question is what's the difference of dlm_controld and gfs_controld? Must they both be present if a cluster gfs file system is mounted?
2. dlm_controld is a deamon in userland for dlm kernel module, while
gfs2_controld is for gfs2, i think. However, on the recent release
(redhat and suse, AFAIK),
gfs_controld is no longer needed. But I don't know much history about
this change. Hope someone could elaborate on this a bit more;-)

Cheers,
Eric