[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker for 389 directory server with multi-master replication

Andreas Kurz andreas.kurz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:31:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Bernie Jones <
bernie at securityconsulting.ltd.uk> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Many thanks for your suggestion. Actually, this is the last configuration
> that I tried, but it still didn’t seem to do the job:
>

> pcs property set stonith-enabled=false

Stonith is your friend!

> pcs property set no-quorum-policy=ignore
>
> pcs resource defaults resource-stickiness=100
>
> pcs resource create LDAP_Cluster_IP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2
> ip=192.168.26.100 cidr_netmask=32 op monitor interval=5s
>
> pcs resource create dirsrv lsb:dirsrv op monitor interval="6s"
> role="Master" timeout="2s"

There is no master role for simple clones.

> pcs resource clone dirsrv
>
> pcs constraint order LDAP_Cluster_IP then dirsrv-clone

I would first start the application if it does not need to bind to a
specific IP.

pcs constraint colocation add dirsrv-clone with LDAP_Cluster_IP INFINITY

You want it the other way round ... IP must follow application.

Regards,
Andreas